You know in Inception when the projections turn on the dreamer, well that’s how I feel every day, like I don’t belong and everyone else knows it.
My boyfriend just got offered a way better job today. Things are looking up.
So we went to Michaels and Kohls and bought a bunch of Halloween goodies.
This time next year we will be in Rhode Island
1. If he doesn’t answer, don’t keep sending texts. If he wanted to talk to you, he would’ve responded.
2. People will make time for you when they care about you. If he says he’s too busy or constantly cancels his plans, he doesn’t care. People fight for you when they care.
3. Don’t let him touch you on the first date. If he tries, he’s not there for the same reasons you are.
4. You can tell a lot about a person by their favorite book.
5. If he can stomach more than ten straight shots without feeling a thing, he drinks too much.
6. Ask the uncomfortable things. When was the last time he was so high he couldn’t speak? What does he regret the most? Does he drink to remember or to forget?
7. Don’t send pictures unless you want to. If he has to talk you into it, don’t do it. If you hesitate, don’t do it. If you do take a picture, don’t include your face. Keep yourself safe.
8. If you can’t laugh when you’re having sex with him, maybe you aren’t sleeping with the right person. Sex isn’t about tricks and tips and routines.
9. If he hurts you, cut him out. He’s gone, he isn’t coming back, and you don’t need to prolong the pain.
10. Don’t be afraid to open up again. I promise not everyone will love you with a knife behind their back.
I used to say everything that came to my mind and apologize incessantly. I always felt like I had to say what I was thinking or else it was though I was hiding that part of myself from someone.
I used to be able to confidently say I had not a single secret, everything was very in the open.
As time has passed I keep more to myself than I share. Thoughts roll around in my head for much longer now, sometimes years, before I share them, if I choose to share them at all. Sharing yourself, your true self not just your physical self, to another person is absolutely terrifying and I am much more selective of whom I choose to share my inner thoughts and feelings with. Having another reject you after you’ve shared your physical self is extremely discouraging but it is something a person can bounce back from. Having another reject you after you’ve shared your deepest secrets and the darkest hallways of your mind is traumatizing on a different level that leaves one scarred.
37 years ago today, Elvis Presley passed away. But he will continue to live in my heart, and millions of fans’ hearts forever. He was not only the best entertainer, but also an amazing humanitarian. Rest in peace, Elvis, and may your music last forever and ever.
A girl I used to work with called me with news that she is pregnant!
I couldn’t be more excited, they aren’t sure with names so I immediately went on Amazon and “Baby Name Wizard” and “What to Expect When You’re Expecting” are on their way to her house. I can’t wait to make baby bibs!
Elvis Presley and Vicky Tiu in “It Happened At The World’s Fair”, 1963.